The rapid growth of eCommerce over the recent years has yielded a plentitude of tools that you can use to improve your position in the market.
E-commerce professionals understand the value of these tools for their businesses, and it all comes down to finding the one that best suits a specific situation.
Among the top marketing tools is HubSpot. The chances are that you have already heard about this giant, even if you are still new to eCommerce.
HubSpot was founded in 2006, and the company has masterfully adapted to market demands and changes through the years.
Although slightly younger (founded in 2012), Klaviyo is a worthy opponent in the eCommerce software field - Klaviyo vs Hubspot.
It relies on a unique marketing approach perfected over time to deliver top-notch servicing and results.
To get you a step closer to making an informed business decision, we will discuss the following topics:
- HubSpot and Klaviyo overview
- Ecommerce Marketing Comparison
- Pricing and Value Comparison
- Integration and Compatibility Comparison
- User Experience Comparison
- Advantages and disadvantages
Let’s dig in to learn more.
Klaviyo vs Hubspot: Overview
HubSpot is among the pioneers of inbound marketing and advanced sales strategies. Inbound marketing is the cornerstone of this well-known software, but fierce competition has also led to the development of other sought-after services.
If you are still exploring the world of eCommerce, HubSpot is a superb place for finding answers. The company offers the HubSpot Academy, which features free online training for anyone who wants to learn more about the business.
The software package from HubSpot includes the Free CRM system, Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, and CMS Hub. All of these features make HubSpot extremely valuable to customers from different industries.
Klaviyo is an advanced marketing platform that provides a personalized shopping experience. Over the recent years, the company has been expanding its services to various channels such as SMS marketing and push notifications.
Customer acquisition and retention are achieved through a Listen, Analyze, and Act framework. Klaviyo serves the needs of both small and large businesses by offering contemporary marketing solutions like personalized emails, Facebook ads, A/B testing, segmentation, and more.
E-commerce Marketing Features
HubSpot vs Klaviyo is a constant debate among eCommerce professionals. One of the reasons why the winner is difficult to announce is because they share many features crucial for efficient email marketing automation.
Here are some of the features shared by both platforms:
- “What you see is what you get.” editor
- Advanced personalization
- Numerous email templates
- Email campaigns designed for customer acquisition and retention
- Drip campaigns data
- A/B testing
- Sophisticated performance metrics (bounce, delivery, open, CTR, and more)
- Segmentation and CRM integration
However, there are many features that separate these two giants. Which software best fits your company depends on your specific situation and requirements.
HubSpot is considered dominant over Klaviyo for:
- The management of data
- Database functionality regarding marketing prospects
- Lead ranking based on email effectiveness
- Campaign planning
- Conversion rate maximization
On the other hand, Klaviyo has an advantage over HubSpot with the following:
- Vast integration options
- Integrated segmentation for customer behavior and purchase habits
- Integral email strategy for customers who abandon a cart midway through the purchase
- Automatic emails based on the purchase history
- Automated purchase recommendations
Pricing and Value
The results you get from either one of these e-commerce platforms greatly overshadow the costs of implementing them in your business. How much you have to pay per month depends on key email marketing factors like the number of emails, the number of contacts, and so on.
HubSpot utilizes tier pricing, but it also depends on the package you want to implement. If you are solely interested in e-commerce marketing solutions, you can get the CRM and Marketing Hub.
HubSpot has three pricing options:
- Starter ($20/month) – up to 1000 contacts and has basic e-commerce features.
- Professional ($800/month) – up to 2000 contacts, and has the Starter pack features plus options such as Teams, Omni-channel marketing automation, Campaign reporting, Custom reporting, and Social media features.
- Enterprise ($3600/month) – up to 10000 contacts, and has the Professional pack features plus options such as Limited access to content and data, Organized teams, Custom behavioral events, Custom objects, and Multi-touch revenue attribution.
Klaviyo also has three pricing tiers:
- Free – up to 250 contacts, 500 monthly emails, 150 monthly SMS/MMS, email support for the first 60 days, mobile push notifications.
- Email ($20/month for 251-500 contacts) – 5000 monthly emails, 150 free monthly SMS/MMS, email and chat support, mobile push notifications.
- Email and SMS ($515/month for 251-500 contacts) - 5000 monthly emails, email and chat support, mobile push notifications, and more.
You can always visit the official HubSpot and Klaviyo websites to learn more about the price. The price depends on many factors, and you may use their online calculators to determine how much you will have to pay every month.
Whatever it costs – it’s worth it.
Integration and Compatibility
Integration is the biggest difference between these two fantastic eCommerce marketing tools.
HubSpot seamlessly integrates with the company’s very own Marketing, Sales, Services, CMS, and CRM Hub. Anyone who decides to get a whole package has an abundance of tools at their disposal.
HubSpot is also compatible with other eCommerce marketing tools outside of its organization. Some companies compatible with HubSpot are Zendesk, Salesforce, Zapier, SurveyMonkey, and Eventbrite.
Klaviyo is special because it can be easily integrated with many tools from various industries. Major platforms like Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Amazon Marketplace, and BigCommerce are compatible with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo also has great compatibility options with smaller platforms such as Privy, Aftership, ReCharge, and so on. Custom Audiences from Facebook combined with Klaviyo take eCommerce ad marketing to another level.
User Experience and Support
According to many satisfied customers, HubSpot and Klaviyo are effective e-commerce marketing tools.
HubSpot is a giant in online marketing and sales. The company received a 4.4 out of 5 stars on G2 with almost 10,000 reviews. Overall, eCommerce professionals who use HubSpot are satisfied with the service that the company provides because their updates follow the demands of the market.
Klaviyo isn’t a big name like HubSpot, but it is a worthy competitor no less. This platform received a higher grade of 4.6 out of 5 stars on the same website, but the review number is just below 1,000.
Advantages and disadvantages:
Pros and Cons of Each Platform
Let’s try to sum everything up from this mini-guide.
HubSpot is a comprehensive marketing automation platform that offers a wide range of tools to manage sales, marketing, and customer service.
Its strengths include an easy-to-use interface, robust CRM capabilities, and a diverse set of integrations. However, its pricing can be steep for smaller businesses, and some users have reported issues with email deliverability.
On the other hand, Klaviyo is an email marketing platform that is highly focused on eCommerce businesses.
Its strengths include powerful email personalization and automation features, excellent customer support, and a user-friendly interface.
However, some users may find its pricing to be on the high side, and the platform may need to be more suitable for businesses that don't rely heavily on email marketing.
The winner of the HubSpot vs Klaviyo debate is yet to be determined.
Both competitors are making great strides to get ahead of the competition by constantly following the newest eCommerce methods and techniques.
Which of these two phenomenal tools is a better fit for you depends on your specific situations and requirements.
However, one thing is certain – HubSpot or Klaviyo can have a massive impact on the growth of your eCommerce business.
Also, we have more Klaviyo comparisons for you!
If you are still trying to decide the best option for your business, feel free to contact us for further guidance and support!