Approximately 99 percent of consumers check their email at least once per day.
If you want to build brand awareness for your cannabis dispensary and get people interested in your products, email marketing is a great way to reach them.
Read on to learn more about the importance of email marketing for cannabis businesses. You’ll also find some tips and best practices you should keep in mind to see the best results.
Why Email Marketing for Cannabis?
At first, the idea of email marketing for weed businesses might seem a bit strange. The truth, though, is that email marketing is a great tactic for all kinds of businesses, including dispensaries.
Email marketing offers a lot of benefits that other types of marketing don’t, including the following:
Deliver Targeted Content
Email marketing is an easy way to deliver targeted content to your audience.
Marketing emails can be personalized with different images, subject lines, and other elements so they feel unique to each recipient. This allows you to connect with your audience in a new way and help them feel seen and appreciated.
Drive Traffic to Your Website
Marketing emails can also help to drive more traffic back to your dispensary’s website. By including links to your product pages or blog, you can encourage people to visit your site and learn more about what you have to offer.
The more traffic you get to your dispensary’s website, the more opportunities you have to make sales. This, in turn, increases the size of your customer base and boosts your revenue.
Not only does email marketing help you to earn more money over time, but it can also help you save money on other, less effective marketing tactics. Email marketing for dispensaries is very cost-effective and provides a great return on investment.
Best Email Types For Cannabis
Okay, you’re interested in email marketing. What kind of marketing emails should you be sending to your audience, though? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Personalized welcome emails: Say hello and thank people for subscribing to your email list
- Replenishment reminders: Encourage past customers to restock if it’s been a while since they last shopped with you
- Surveys and reviews: Get to know your audience better, or share reviews from popular products
- Loyalty program emails: Invite your email list subscribers to join your loyalty program and earn points that can be used toward future purchases
Emails Your Business Should Be Sending
In addition to these email types, another good type of marketing email is a newsletter or regular update email. You can cover all kinds of topics in these emails, including the following:
- Industry News: Let people know what’s happening in the cannabis industry in your area; for example, has there been any new legislation
- Business News: Let people know what’s happening with your business, specifically; have you opened a new location? Hired new employees?
- Product Reviews: Share a top-rated product with your audience and encourage them to check it out
- How-To Guides: Provide simple tips or instructions to help people learn about different cannabis consumption methods, how to choose the right strain, etc.
- Media Snippets/Links: You can also share links to your most recent blog posts, social media posts, or other types of media; include a snippet in the newsletter, too, to catch people’s attention and get them interested in consuming more
Email Marketing Best Practices for Cannabis Industry
Now, let’s talk about some best practices for email marketing for dispensaries. Keep these tips in mind to create effective email campaigns that yield great results:
Set Clear Goals
Identify what you want to accomplish with your marketing emails before you start sending them. This will help you measure your progress more easily.
Focus on Quality, Not Quantity
You don’t need to send a marketing email every day. In fact, you probably shouldn’t. Focus on sending quality information rather than trying to send out as many emails as possible.
Segment Your Email List
Divide your email list into different categories based on the type of content you think recipients will enjoy the most. Make sure content is tailored to them to increase the likelihood of them opening your emails.
Include a Call-to-Action
Always invite your audience to do something after they’ve read one of your emails.Should they click the link to visit your dispensary’s website? Should they leave a review? Download an eBook?
Be clear about what you want them to do.
Need Help with Email Marketing for Cannabis Businesses?
Are you ready to start using email marketing for your cannabis dispensary? Do you need help creating an email marketing strategy or measuring your analytics?
If so, Wired Messenger is here for you. We’re a leading SEO company in Toronto with experience helping all kinds of businesses with their email marketing.
From campaign management to marketing automation, we’ll assist you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more or get a quote.